Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bounty Hunter Clothing And Equipment

Far North: Arctic dangerous romance



Far North tells the story of Saiva (Michelle Yeoh), a young man who has made herself as a child, traveling from place to place with her adopted daughter, Anja (Michelle Krusiec), avoiding other humans. They hunt wild animals for food and sew their own clothes with fur. Together they help each other to survive, but when Saiva finds a man named Loki (Sean Bean) frozen in the ice, ignore everything he had taught his daughter about to ignore the strange and cut their throats. What rescues to care for and save him from death, but the presence of this attractive man makes the two women compete for his attention and physical attraction, making your stay in a dangerous triangle of love and jealousy ...

Far North is an independent film by Asif Kapadia, 2007, hence it has not been released still in Spain (and at this rate I doubt it). Has been released yet in several film festivals and had its premiere at the Venice Film Festival 2007. In the U.S. now out on DVD, and I imagine that in some other countries, but for a change in Spain, no nothing, as always last in everything. What I have seen how? Well, obviously the Internet, since this is the only way, through a web of those who put online movies I saw this movie that I could not lose since leaving my beloved Sean Bean. The criticism he has had have been good fucking normal. That is, it's not a bad movie, nor a masterpiece, exactly what I thought I finished watching it.



The film has very little dialogue, as it focuses more on the relationship between the two women and man through looks, gestures, and activities among them, a risky but would succeeds to Kapadia. The few dialogues are to discuss the most important and to tell the story of Saiva. Of course, this makes the three stars, Michelle Yeoh, Michelle Krusiec and Sean Bean, will look fairly interpretively which I am grateful especially in the case of Sean, and that is a good role for him. The three are more than correct. Certainly it had to Curran and the movie is actually filmed in the Arctic, and were living there in a boat until they finished filming. Is cruel and heartbreaking scenes, typical of life to be carried in the Arctic, in such precarious conditions. But surely, what struck me most was the final, totally unexpected. See the development of the film I was expecting something very strong, but what happens beyond my expectations. Of course, I will not say anything, because therein lies one of the strengths of the film.

One of the doubts that would make this film, is that the end (after what happens and I will not tell) perhaps too taken with forceps and as if not end altogether and stay almost half, or at least that was my feeling when I finished watching it. Anyway, I recommend this movie so intriguing about it, and for perhaps the final surprise you as much as me, although we must bear in mind that it is independent film, nothing to do with Hollywood movies we are used to , but is a slow film, while intriguing, too cruel and bloody. I would give it a 7


0 comments:

Post a Comment